June 3-August 12, 2017
Each summer, Yellow Barn hosts interns to assist with production, marketing, and public events. The Yellow Barn interns are essential to the success of our summer programs and concert series, and are welcomed by all to the Yellow Barn family, which ranges from college-age participants to esteemed faculty.
Interns work primarily with the Production Manager and the General Administrator, and can expect daily interactions with Yellow Barn’s artistic and executive directors.
Past interns have gone on to attend advanced degree programs at some of the country’s best universities, and now hold high-level creative and managerial positions in the arts world.
What you can expect from a Yellow Barn internship:
- hands-on job experience alongside Yellow Barn staff
- knowledge and insight into the inner workings of a renowned festival
- social life and professional contacts in the world of chamber music
- a teamwork environment surrounded by nonstop music
- an immersive summer experience in beautiful Vermont!
What we expect from you:
- passion for classical music, the arts, and the nonprofit sector
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- team-player attitude, work ethic, and personal drive
- inherent desire to help others and outstanding customer service skills
- the ability to navigate rural dirt roads!
What we provide:
- career-building training and guidance throughout the summer, as well as assistance with course credit, when applicable
- supportive and professional environment
- room and board for the duration of the internship
- weekly stipend of $100
- admission to over 20 concerts and free tickets for friends and family!
As part of an immersive summer experience in the world of arts administration and operations, interns are expected to work varying long shifts that mirror the musicians’ intensive rehearsal and performance schedule. There are four internships available for the 2017 Summer Festival:
How to Apply (New deadline!):
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and will be accepted until all positions are filled. Note that the deadline to apply is April 1st. Application requirements include a cover letter, résumé, and two letters of recommendation.
For more information, contact Stacia Cutler, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-387-3108.